- a good undergraduate degree (first or 2:1 Honours degree, or equivalent) in an appropriate subject, from a recognised university, or
- a degree that is not a first or 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent, plus at least two years of relevant experience in a relevant field or sector, or
- a teaching qualification (gained after at least the equivalent of two satisfactory years of higher education) plus at least two years of relevant experience in a relevant field or sector.
Months of entry
Take an indepth look at education research, policy and practice on this master’s, which is offered on a highly flexible basis.
If you are looking to study education at master’s level, then this course enables you to learn in a way that fits with your own work priorities and commitments.
You can choose from four different study pathways to focus your learning where you want to develop. We offer flexible study options so that you can choose your way of studying and work at your own pace around your professional commitments.
Whether you are working as a teacher, lecturer, trainer, educational leader, manager or administrator – or aspiring to a career in education – this course will give you a significant insight into the latest trends and leading-edge research, and how those impact on policy and practice.
You will learn how to undertake and use educational research, and to reflect on your own practice, using your knowledge of the latest educational trends and developments, to inform and enhance the way you work.
We also offer the option of studying towards the International Baccalaureate Educator Certificates as part of our education master's. This will enhance your career options further and improve your International Baccalaureate programme expertise, if you take this route.
You will leave this course with:
- knowledge of research-informed practice, trends and the latest developments in education
- a greater understanding of current educational issues to enhance your own professional practice
- improved research, analysis and critical thinking skills
- experience of undertaking a small-scale research project in your own professional context
- the skills and knowledge to able to make an enhanced contribution to policy and practice in education
The qualification you receive will help to enhance your career opportunities. The international education sector increasingly requires master’s-level qualifications for promoted posts. The International Baccalaureate Educator Certificates will increase your career options further.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
5 years part-time
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1225 386 634