Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should have:
- a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above or
- a degree that is not a 2:1 or above (or international equivalent) plus at least 2 years relevant experience in a relevant field or sector or
- a teaching qualification (gained after at least the equivalent of 2 satisfactory years of higher education) plus at least 2 years of relevant experience in a relevant field or sector.
Minimum non-graduate qualifications
- an advanced diploma in education and at least 2 years of relevant experience or
- a teaching qualification (gained after at least the equivalent of 2 satisfactory years of higher education) and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree (for example, professional experience in education).
If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years, you completed your degree in the UK, you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Months of entry
If you are looking to study education at master’s level, then this course enables you to learn in a way that fits with your own work priorities and commitments. You can choose from four study pathways to focus your learning where you want to develop.
Whether you are working as a teacher, lecturer, trainer, educational leader, manager or administrator – or aspiring to a career in education – this course will give you a significant insight into the latest trends and leading-edge research, and how those impact on policy and practice.
You will learn how to undertake and use educational research, and to reflect on your own practice, using your knowledge of the latest educational trends and developments, to inform and enhance the way you work.
You will leave this course with:
- knowledge of research-informed practice, trends and the latest developments in education
- a greater understanding of current educational issues to enhance your own professional practice
- improved research, analysis and critical thinking skills
- experience of undertaking a small-scale research project in your own professional context
- the skills and knowledge to able to make an enhanced contribution to policy and practice in education
The qualification you receive will help to enhance your career opportunities. The international education sector increasingly requires master’s level qualifications for promoted posts.
We also offer the option of studying towards the International Baccalaureate Educator Certificates as part of this course, which may increase your career options further.Study pathways
You can choose one of the following study pathways as part of this course:MA Education
Allows you the greatest flexibility in choice of units and dissertation topic (with the exception of those opting to take the International Baccalaureate Educator Certificate, who are required to take specific units).MA Education (International Education)
Designed for those who wish to develop knowledge and an understanding of issues relating to education beyond the national context. Depending on your interests, you can focus on issues relating to educational practices in different national systems, on international schools and/or on other issues cutting across national contexts.MA Education (Learning and Teaching)
If you wish to develop a deeper understanding of learning and teaching and enhance your professional practice then this pathway is for you. Core units explore learning theories and the role of new technologies.MA Education (Educational Leadership and Management)
Designed to meet the needs of professionals who wish to enhance their work as leaders and managers, or who aspire to a leadership role. You will gain an in-depth understanding of current educational management practice, theory, research and policy.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Taught Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 1225 38 5115