- A good undergraduate degree (first or 2:1 Honours degree, or equivalent) in an appropriate subject, from a recognised university, or - Non-honours degree candidates can be considered where they have at least two years' substantial experience in a relevant field or sector. The minimum non-graduate qualifications acceptable for admission are: - An advanced diploma in education and at least two years of relevant experience, or - A teaching qualification (gained after at least the equivalent of two satisfactory years of higher education) and at least two years of relevant experience.
Months of entry
If you are considering full-time study then you may be interested MA International Education and Globalisation.
This programme has a variety of ways to study.
Part-time MA (90 credits - 2-5 years)
Part-time Postgraduate Diploma (60 credits)
Part-time Postgraduate Certificate (30 credits)
The programme aims to:
Improve your skills of critical thinking and analysis
Enhance your professional practice through greater theoretical understanding of current educational issues.
The programme will give you an unparalleled opportunity to study education at an advanced level. You will work independently within a challenging but supportive environment. The MA in Education is designed for teachers, lecturers, trainers, educational leaders, managers and administrators, and those aspiring to a career in education.
Choose from one of four Study Pathways to focus your learning where you want to develop.
Flexible study options for part-time students, include Summer Schools, Study Centres and distance learning.
Opportunity to undertake research in the context of your own or your institution's policy and practice.
Tutors are national and international experts in their field.
You can choose one of the following Study Pathways as part of this programme:
MA Education (International Education)
MA Education (Learning and Teaching)
MA Education (Educational Leadership and Management)
- Research methods in education
Choose one unit from:
- Education and society
- Understanding learners and learning
Some pathways require one of these units preventing choice.
- Curriculum studies
- Education in an international context
- Educational enquiry
- Leading and managing educational innovation
- Leading and managing schools and colleges
- Technologies for learning
Information for international students
Certificates must be dated to within two years of the start of the programme of study. - IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each of the four components) - PTE Academic of 62 with no less than 59 in any component
Fees and funding
View information on the funding opportunities: http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/taught-programmes/funding
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||60|
|Dissertation||40 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1225 383037