Typically a 1st or 2:1 Honours degree (or its international equivalent).
A strong personal statement (typically 500-1,000 words) that provides evidence of:
- how your academic, professional and personal experiences equip them to meet the demands of the course
- outlines your reasons for wanting to study on the course at University of Bath
- how your studies may fit with their subsequent professional/academic intentions
Months of entry
This programme will give you an unparalleled opportunity to study international education and globalisation, as they intersect, at master’'s level.
International education and globalisation are challenging and contested concepts; in this programme you will analyse the meaning, scope and dimensions of international education and globalisation (as they interect). You will also consider relevant educational purposes, methods and approaches in international education. Importantly, you will engage in the critical analysis of the assumptions and evidence that underpin change and reform to policy and practice in international education.
The programme will provide cutting edge knowledge, skills and understandings at the intersection between the two fields of study so that you can make a significant future contribution to international education. For example, you will explore the implications of a shifting global educational landscape such as how to prepare learners for an increasingly connected and mobile global society.
You will be equipped to:
- critically analyse and apply research in the fields of international education and globalisation (as they intersect)
- undertake small scale research yourself.
Your prior educational experience will be valued as a source of evidence. You will be encouraged to analyse, share and build on these experiences as a basis for collective learning. As such we welcome students with a diversity of experience and interests, including those with:
- professional experience in formal or informal education, charities, non-governmental organisations or governmental organisations
- aspirations to pursue a career or research in international education and globalisation
- aspirations for promotion in international and global education contexts.
- unique amongst master’s programmes in education, with a focus on the interrelationships between international education and globalisation
- a distinctive focus on bridge building between practice and theory throughout all elements of the programme
- an excellent way to develop your research skills or progress to doctoral level study
- prepares you to make a significant future contribution to practice and policy in international education
- will help you to fast track your career; the international education sector increasingly requires master’s level qualifications for promoted posts (completing this in 12 months is an efficient way to progress your career)
- you will have access to cutting edge research and international experts in the fields of international education and globalisation.
Visit the study page to find out more.
Information for international students
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each of the four components)
PTE Academic of 62 with no less than 59 in each component
Fees and funding
View funding opportunities at the University of Bath on our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1225 38 6634