Academic requirements - a good undergraduate degree (first or 2:1 Honours degree, or equivalent) in an appropriate subject, from a recognised university, or - non-honours degree candidates can be considered where they have at least two years' substantial experience in a relevant field or sector The minimum non-graduate qualifications acceptable for admission are: - an advanced diploma in education, and at least two years of relevant experience, or - a teaching qualification (gained after at least the equivalent of two satisfactory years of higher education) and at least two years of relevant experience.
Months of entry
This programme will give you an unparalleled opportunity to study international education and globalisation, as they intersect, at master’'s level.
International education and globalisation are challenging and contested concepts; in this programme you will analyse the meaning, scope and dimensions of international education and globalisation (as they interect). You will also consider relevant educational purposes, methods and approaches in international education. Importantly, you will engage in the critical analysis of the assumptions and evidence that underpin change and reform to policy and practice in international education.
The programme will provide cutting edge knowledge, skills and understandings at the intersection between the two fields of study so that you can make a significant future contribution to international education. For example, you will explore the implications of a shifting global educational landscape such as how to prepare learners for an increasingly connected and mobile global society.
You will be equipped to:
- critically analyse and apply research in the fields of international education and globalisation (as they intersect)
- undertake small scale research yourself.
Your prior educational experience will be valued as a source of evidence. You will be encouraged to analyse, share and build on these experiences as a basis for collective learning. As such we welcome students with a diversity of experience and interests, including those with:
- professional experience in formal or informal education, charities, non-governmental organisations or governmental organisations
- aspirations to pursue a career or research in international education and globalisation
- aspirations for promotion in international and global education contexts.
- unique amongst master’s programmes in education, with a focus on the interrelationships between international education and globalisation
- a distinctive focus on bridge building between practice and theory throughout all elements of the programme
- an excellent way to develop your research skills or progress to doctoral level study
- prepares you to make a significant future contribution to practice and policy in international education
- will help you to fast track your career; the international education sector increasingly requires master’s level qualifications for promoted posts (completing this in 12 months is an efficient way to progress your career)
- you will have access to cutting edge research and international experts in the fields of international education and globalisation.
Visit the study page to find out more.
Information for international students
Certificates must be dated to within two years of the start of the programme of study. - IELTS 6.5 overall (with no less than 6.0 in each component, listening, reading, writing and speaking), or - PTE Academic of 62 overall with no less than 59 in any element
Fees and funding
View funding opportunities at the University of Bath: http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/taught-programmes/funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1225 383037