You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
To apply for this course you may have an undergraduate degree in any subject.
We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree (for example, professional experience in education).
If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years, you completed your degree in the UK, you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Months of entry
Gain a unique insight into the two fields of international education and globalisation as they intersect, on this highly innovative master’s.
Education is increasingly affected by globalisation with a globally mobile and globally connected population. We face a rapidly changing world and education needs to transcend national and cultural boundaries to ensure quality.
Unique among education master's for its focus on the intersection between international education and globalisation, this course gives you an unrivalled opportunity to study the overlap between these two important yet challenging concepts.
Importantly, you will consider educational purposes, methods and approaches relevant to a shifting global landscape. You will also engage in the critical analysis of the assumptions and evidence that underpin policy and practice in international education.
The course will provide cutting edge knowledge, skills and understandings at the intersection between the two fields of study. This, together with our distinctive focus on bridge-building between practice and theory, will prepare you to make a significant future contribution to international education.
Studying at Bath gives you an opportunity to work with researchers who study international education and globalisation. We also offer complementary sessions on study skills and employability alongside networking opportunities with employers and alumni. These sessions extend and enrich your learning in this stimulating community of staff and students that you will join.
You will leave this course with:
- a well-rounded knowledge of international education and globalisation, including issues and challenges, research-informed policy and practice, and latest developments
- well developed research skills including experience of undertaking your own research preparing you well for doctoral study if you wish to pursue this
- wider skills such as critical analysis, intercultural communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving
- a qualification that will help to fast-track your career. The international education sector increasingly requires master's-level qualifications for promoted posts, and completing this course in 12 months is an efficient way to progress
- the tools and knowledge to make a significant contribution to policy and practice in international education
We welcome students with diverse experience and interests, including those with professional experience in formal or informal education, charities, non-governmental organisations or government. The course is also highly relevant if you are looking to pursue a career or research in international education, or are seeking promotion in this field.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Taught Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1225 385 115