To apply for this course, you should have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. You should be a qualified medical doctor with full unrestricted registration with the General Medical Council.
You should also have a minimum of one year’s work experience as a qualified and registered doctor before enrolment.
Months of entry
You may be managing recreational and elite athletes already or be looking to deepen your knowledge of musculoskeletal injuries, so that you can better assess, treat and advise your patients in your practice.
By studying this course, you will develop the in-depth knowledge and clinical skills you need to provide both primary and specialist sport and exercise medicine care.
We are one of just a few universities offering this type of course part-time and through distance learning. You will have the convenience of being able to complete your studies while remaining in clinical practice.
By taking part, you will benefit from:
- highly interactive, flexible online learning and clinical teaching
- residential teaching weeks to support your practical and clinical examination training
- an online network of sport and exercise medicine and sports physiotherapy clinicians
- access to experienced clinical specialists in the field to provide professional development support
- a problem-solving and reflective approach to sport and exercise medicine
This is a recognised qualification for indemnity insurance. Many jobs as a team doctor require this type of qualification.
You can look forward to working with our highly experienced sports medicine and sports physiotherapy team, who between them have worked with an impressive range of clients. Our team have worked at a number of high profile sporting events, including the:
- Olympic Games
- Commonwealth Games
- Paralympic World Cup
- World University Games
By the end of the course, you will be qualified to work with athletes and sports teams at the highest level. You will also be better equipped to assess, treat and advise patients in relation to musculoskeletal injuries, and to advise patients about the health benefits of exercise more generally.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36-60 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1225 385233