A first or second-class undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with a strong element of both mathematics and computing, and evidence of programming experience.
Months of entry
Gain a solid grounding in the theory and practice of data science. You’ll develop specialist knowledge in statistics, machine learning and software technology.
- Become a data science expert with a solid mathematical foundation.
- Gain a thorough grounding in the latest machine learning and software technologies.
- Learn from a dedicated team of experienced data scientists who have been employed in professional environments such as Microsoft.
- This is the course for you if you have a numerate first degree and want to study at the interface of statistics, computing and machine learning.
Data science has become a highly prominent discipline in the modern era. It now drives a remarkable proportion of global economic activity compared to a decade ago, and is stimulating fundamental scientific progress across numerous fields. Effective data science requires a balanced combination of both science and technology.
On graduating, you will be ideally placed to progress into a wide variety of careers in data science, from large-scale established commercial enterprises to innovative technology start-ups. You will also have acquired the essential foundation for further postgraduate study and research within the field.
Information for international students
Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each of the four components) or equivalent. If you have not met our English language requirements, you may be eligible for a combined offer.
Fees and funding
See our fees pages for more information on tuition fees and available funding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Science Graduate School
- +44 (0)1225 38 3410