A good undergraduate degree in a related subject area / portfolio review
Months of entry
- Shared educational environment with other practitioners within the school of art and design
- Garment making facilities and technology with access to digital pattern cutting software and hardware, dedicated sewing machines and specialist design software
- Dedicated studio space for students to work within a lively studio community
About the course
This course has been created in response to the growth in fashion and allied industries (including styling and promotion). This MA has a broad academic and industry appeal. For overseas students the UK continues to be held in high esteem for two aspects of design: rigorous teaching methodology and creativity– this MA will draws upon both.
Employers need creative thinkers who can synthesis ideas, design and the commercial pressures of the market place. This synthesis is central to the thinking and curriculum outline proposed. “Creative higher education institutions have a particular intellectual property (IP) profile; they rarely produce many patents but are nonetheless major generators of IP.”
Your own label creation, fashion marketing, fashion promotion, tailoring, teaching; and a braod range of work in the fashion industry in the UK and Internationally
Areas of study may include:
- Contemporary issues: Fashion
- Studio Investigation
- Professional Contexts in Design
- Research and Enterprise in the Creative Arts
- Craft making
- Print design
Did you know?
You will have a personal dedicated studio space for the duration of your studies
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website: www.beds.ac.uk/pgfunding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1582 743 500