A good UK honours degree or equivalent in a computing-related subject. Those applicants who do not have a first degree may be granted entry on the basis of their relevant work experience. Such work experience must total five years or more
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
- Study a broad range of IT disciplines including online database applications, intelligent agents, programming embedded systems, professional project management systems architecture, network systems, distributed and parallel architectures and cryptography and cryptanalysis
- Explore and analyse current trends in the continually expanding area of internet technologies including wireless internet and network configurations and enjoy opportunities to work with innovative distributed environments and architectures
- Develop practical and business skills necessary for a wide range of careers in IT from management to high-level web application development or system administration
- Gain in-depth skills in network management and administration (allowing you to work as a Network Manager) including essential security aspects, grid-computing and fault tolerance
- Benefit from developing expertise equipping you for a career as an IT Consultant, Programmer, Systems/Business Analyst, in web development/web services or in further study on an MSc by Research, MPhil or PhD.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
You will gain valuable skills for a career within Computer Science as well as those relevant for the wider world of IT and business.
The unit ‘Professional Project Management’ requires you to work in a team to apply current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control.
You will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance
- Research Methodologies and Project Management
- Network Systems and Administration
- Intelligent Systems and Data Mining
- Distributed and Parallel Computing Technologies
- MSc Project – Computer Science
Information for international students
Applications will be assessed using UKBA and University of Bedfordshire policy. Check English language requirements at: www.beds.ac.uk/english-language.
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website: www.beds.ac.uk/pgfunding.
Qualification and course duration
MSc with Placement
MSc with Placement
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0300 3300 073