UK applicants: a Business degree or an IT/IS-related degree at honours level is required. Applicants from different subject areas will be considered on an individual basis according to their relevant professional experience or qualifications.
International applicants: a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/english). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. See https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/contactus for details.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
Why choose this course?
Modern organisations rely upon good information systems in order to survive in the global competitive business environment.
This course will suit graduates who, through their interest in information technology and information systems, wish to pursue management roles in charge of information systems.
· Learn contemporary approaches to information systems management and develop original approaches to organisations challenges and opportunities.
· Study aspects of information systems, digital analytics, marketing and the digital future and strategic management.
· Explore how the full benefits of modern technologies can be realised, and address the problems associated with increasingly rapid rates of change in the information technology and business environment.
· Benefit from a course that inspires teamwork and engagement to contribute to ethical an innovative practice.
· Develop your skills within Information Systems theory, against a context of real business through our employability practice-based teaching and learning approach.
· Gain the ability to make critical high-level managerial and organisational decisions, and learn critical thinking and creativity in analysis, synthesis and appraisal.
· All PG courses are available to start in Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, Jun and Jul.
On this course you will undertake four 30 credit Units and one 60 credit project unit.
Our courses are designed engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable.
Your course takes place over three semesters.
· Induction Week
· Unit 1 (30 credits)
· Unit 2 (30 credits)
· Unit 3 (30 credits)
· Unit 4 (30 credits)
· Capstone or Law project (BLP) 60 credits
Our evidence-based approach is designed to enhance engagement and success by applied practice, working with other students creating the opportunity for network development.
· Marketing and the Digital Future
· Information Systems
· Digital Analytics
· Strategic Management
This Master's course provides the opportunity to undertake different types of project, a "Capstone" experience which completes the integration of your studies applied in one of the following:
· A six month work placement.
· Internship - this is an assessed activity lasting one to three months.
· The Live Project - this will enable you to work as part of a team on a project provided by a business organisation.
· The dissertation - this is a conventional dissertation of 12,000 to 15,000 words, enabling you to undertake in-depth research of a topic relating to your course.
You will understand applied theory and develop critical thinking skills, which will help you to evaluate the relevance of what you have learnt. This will enable you to demonstrate rigorous expertise for a business or related organisation. There are two assessments per unit (4 units total), in a variety of forms e.g. reports, presentations and essays.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
· Information Systems
· Management Information
· Financial Services
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Fees and funding
Fees are £6,800. You can apply for a loan from the Government to help pay for your tuition fees and living costs. Visit www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan.
See www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/fees/pg for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,000.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/fees-and-scholarships for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073