Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. Evidence of having studied at least two of the following (or closely aligned topics): Telecommunication, Mobile Communication, Project Manager, Computer Science, Networking or Engineering, Analogue and digital electronics, Circuits design and analysis, Signal processing, Digital communication during your undergraduate studies, or having evidence of equivalent experience. Example 1: You may have studied physics at UG level, which included telecommunication engineering Telecommunication/Mobile Communication / optics Communications/Project Management in Telecoms/electronics. Example 2: You may have completed a relevant HND together with several years working within the Telecommunication industry with a technical or managerial role. Example 3: You have studied computer engineering at UG level, which included control engineering UANDU Networking/Mobile communication/Telecommunication. Applicants without a first degree may be granted entry on the basis of industrial work experience. Such work experience should total five years
Months of entry
This course is offered at our UCMK campus, Milton Keynes.
- Study in a friendly environment with state-of-the-art laboratory facilities on a course accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Explore potential opportunities for careers in telecommunications management – as Engineer, Consultant or Manager/Team Leader
- Develop your technical and managerial skills, with valuable experience of managing systems security strategy, an appreciation of current trends in telecommunications technologies and the ability to evaluate their effectiveness
- Gain enhanced knowledge and experience of advanced digital communications, financial analysis, managing people, network systems, professional project management, wireless networking and the telecommunications business environment
- Benefit from a course provides opportunities for CPD via our taught modular scheme, allowing you to gain a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or MSc with the potential for further study on an MSc by Research, MPhil or PhD
About the course
The MSc in Telecommunications Management is appropriate if you are currently working within the telecommunications industry (or would like to work in the telecommunications industry) and are looking to gain management level skills to enhance your career prospects.
You will study a variety of units covering aspects of digital technologies, protocols and regulations for the telecommunications industry, project management, finance and managing people.
This course is accredited by the internationally recognised Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level.
Employability is understood widely as encompassing knowledge, skills and a professional attitude which your tutors expect you to display in all your units. All University of Bedfordshire courses aim to help you to be prepared for the world of work. The Careers Service is there to support you throughout the three years of your study. Our curriculum gives you skills that are valuable for a career within telecommunication industry but it is also relevant for a much wider range of applications.
The unit `Professional Project Management in particular requires you to work in a team so as to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control; you will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
In addition and somewhat complementary the final project fosters independent and autonomous study: you learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor
Areas of study may include:
- Network Systems and Administration
- Accounting and Finance
- The Telecoms Business Environment
- Research Methodologies and Project Management
- MSc Project – Telecommunications Management
Information for international students
Applications will be assessed using UKBA and University of Bedfordshire policy. Please visit our website to check English language requirements
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Recruitment and Admissions
- + 44 (0)1582 743500