UK applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications and individuals with appropriate work experience.
International applicants: a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) (https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/english). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. See https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/contactus for details.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
Why choose this course?
· The MBA (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) is a flagship qualification designed to meet the needs and aspirations of early career individuals through the combination of a general management education with the specialist area, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
· The course adopts a practical and applied business curriculum and aims to develop an advanced knowledge of organisations and their effective management in the dynamic competitive global context, and the ability to creatively apply this knowledge and understanding to complex issues.
· You will work with academics and professors of practice on live consultancy projects with leading employers in organisations across private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
· All PG courses are available to start in Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, Jun and Jul.
Unit Information – What Will I Learn?
· Leading and Managing Organisational Resources
· Strategy and the Global Competitive Environment
· Sustainable Logistics and Supply Chain Management
· Project Management
· Management Practice
· Theory into Practice Project
How will I be assessed?
Assessments are rooted in real life and practical workplace scenarios to enable learning to be transferred to the workplace. Later assessments allow for greater integration and synthesis. Exams are kept to a minimum as the focus is on practical skills such as report writing, presentation and projects.
A range of assessment methods are used throughout the course for you to demonstrate your knowledge and skills, including:
· Individual written reports that allow you to apply theory to case studies for in-depth analysis
· Business Reports that allow you to demonstrate contextual insight and report professionally on practice
· Project Plans that requires you to use your knowledge and skills of project management
· Seminar Papers that allow progressive development of critical analysis skills
· Project Reports that integrate learning throughout the course applied in practice
· Business simulation where you demonstrate the impact of your strategic decision making
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
The successful completion of your MBA provides a strong foundation for your professional prospects with potential to join an employer in a variety of positions and potential for fast track career progression opportunities.
The course has been designed to develop graduates who are able to:
· Apply contemporary approaches to strategic management and leadership in complex organisations to systematically and creatively evolve the business, while understanding real life challenges and uncertainties.
· Inspire collaboration and synergistic team work by managing relationships, sharing skills and experience and objective consideration and evaluation of alternative perspectives, in contributing to professional, ethical and innovative practice.
· Synthesise a range of information in the context of new situations using informed judgment to develop innovative approaches to organisational challenges and opportunities.
You will be in a good position to demonstrate your potential to employers. Recruiters value the skills to work in a team, the ability to continue to learn, analytical abilities and a broad understanding of management.
Successful completion of the MBA also provides the foundation for progression to further study and research and many students continue to work towards the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Fees and funding
Fees are: £10,500.
See www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/fees/pg for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,500.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/fees-and-scholarships for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073