Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. Consideration will be given to mature applicants with lower level qualifications, but with substantial relevant work experience.
Months of entry
About the course
Contemporary and sustainable strategies for purchasing, logistics and supply chains are critical to the success of any global commercial organisation, and this course will help you to develop your knowledge of their application in various industry sectors.
You will study the legal, social and environmental issues faced by modern businesses, and learn how to optimise purchasing, supply chain and logistics management decisions at operational, tactical and strategic levels.
Your management skills are enhanced through gaining critical insights into the best practices of dynamic modern businesses, both nationally and across international boundaries
- Evaluate and review this subject area through the lens of risk and procurement management, compared against issues of sustainable business management.
- Develop your understanding of financial analysis, contract and procurement management, digital business management and research methods through our employability practice-based approach to learning.
- Explore how the latest concepts, theories and practices relating to logistics and supply chain management can increase operational effectiveness, and learn how to analyse problems and reach feasible, workable solutions.
- Study with staff from our Operations and Knowledge Management Research Group, and enjoy collaborative learning opportunities with students from around the world in a conference-style study environment.
- Gain knowledge of important methodologies, tools and techniques such as JIT, TQM, Six-Sigma and Lean.
- Benefit from opportunities to interact with guest speakers from major multi-national organisations, make site visits to key logistics centres, and take advantage of the opportunity to take PRINCE2 professional exams.
Areas of study
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Project and Operations Management
- Risk and Procurement Management
- Sustainable Business Management
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Logistics and Distribution
- Supply Chain Management
- Forecasting Planning
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details