Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
September, May, March
- The course introduces non-specialists to a range of business functional areas so that you become knowledgeable and effective managers. You develop a deep understanding of organisations and their external context. You also learn how to manage yourself, and others, in a supportive and academic environment.
About the course
Designed as highly relevant and practical, this course will help you learn the analytical, research and problem solving skills needed to succeed in today’s commercial world.
We will offer you a business education that focuses on the complex challenges facing the public and private sectors, and develop the knowledge needed to become an effective and motivating manager.
You will then be able to apply your expertise to a range of situations, taking into account the relationships that exist across functions and other areas of business.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
- Postgraduate diploma – 120 credits at Masters level
Choose Business and Management MSc at Bedfordshire and:
- Study via a dynamic mix of lectures, seminars and tutorials, and also work in smaller groups as you discuss case studies, prepare for assessments and give presentations
- Explore the latest thinking in business education, research and practice, and increase your professional value by acquiring an understanding of global, national and local pressures on business, and the ability to respond professionally and effectively to these pressures
- Develop a critical awareness and creativity in terms of analysis, synthesis and appraisal
- Gain a multi-disciplinary education that focuses on the fundamentals of business management and critical leadership skills in the context of a global economy
- Benefit from an experience which is characterised by a strong emphasis on the key issues of problem solving and decision making.
This course equips you with the knowledge and skills to take up a career in a variety of business and management related areas. Either this could be in the private or public sector and you should expect it to be a career entry, or relatively junior post, unless you already have relevant experience.
This course is primarily aimed at people wanting to move directly into employment, but if you find your studies particularly stimulating and want to study further then there is always the possibility to continue to Doctoral studies, i.e., a PhD
Areas of study include:
- Business And Management Dissertation (BSS039-6) Compulsory
- Business Data Analysis (BSS002-6) Compulsory
- Digital Business Management (BSS013-6) Compulsory
- Financial Analysis (AAF001-6) Compulsory
- Intercultural Business Contexts (LNG015-6) Compulsory
- Managing People (SHR018-6) Compulsory
- Marketing (MAR009-6) Compulsory
- Brand Management And Research (MAR002-6) Optional
- Corporate Finance (AAF002-6) Optional
- International Marketing (MAR010-6) Optional
- Issues In Financial Reporting (AAF003-6) Optional
- Strategic Management Of Information Systems (BSS022-6) Optional
- Web Analytics (BSS023-6) Optional
Information for international students
International students are strongly welcomed and will receive excellent support from the University team.
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website: www.beds.ac.uk/pgfunding
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||33|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||33|
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1582 743 500