This course is subject to approval. Entry requirements will be confirmed once the course is validated.
Months of entry
About the course
From global extravaganzas like the Olympics to regional music and food festivals, the events-related industry is growing at an incredible rate so needs specialist managers who can apply their skills to this field.
On this course you will study the project management and strategy needed for successful events and tourism management while examining the cultural impact of tourism and strategies to ensure the long-term success of an events and tourism commercial enterprise
- Learn a range of management practices that are integral to the management of events whilst at the same time recognising the importance of the inter-relationships of a range of business functions and the impact they have on the management approach to ensure commercial success in the longer term.
- Gain the knowledge and expertise required by event management companies, special production organisers, festival managers and corporate leisure services and exhibition venues.
- Study industry-related scenarios and realistic simulations to understand the practice of managing events, and develop the problem-solving and decision-making skills you will need to succeed in your career.
- Explore academic theory relating to tourism, leisure and events, with a particular focus on problem-solving and decision-making which will enable you to sharpen your critical thinking and creativity in analysis, synthesis and appraisal.
- Develop and apply the skills of critical evaluation as you become a self-directed, independent, reflexive learner.
- Benefit from studying with a Business School that has partners across the world enabling you to examine the cross culture perspectives essential to organisations in the global markets.
Areas of study
- Tourism, Society and Culture
- Project Management Practice
- Events Tourism and Management
- Strategic Management
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Conference Organising
- Exhibition Management
- Public Relations
- Hospitality Management
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details