A Business degree at Honours level or any other degree indicating basic quantitative skills is required. Applicants from different subject areas will be considered on an individual basis according to their relevant professional experience or qualifications.
A good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/english). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. More information: https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/contactus.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
Why choose this course?
From global extravaganzas like the Olympics to regional music and food festivals, the events-related industry is growing at an incredible rate so needs specialist managers who can apply their skills to this field.
On this course you will study the project management and strategy needed for successful events and tourism management while examining the cultural impact of tourism and strategies to ensure the long-term success of an events and tourism commercial enterprise.
· Study industry-related scenarios and realistic simulations to understand the practice of managing events, and develop the problem-solving and decision-making skills you will need to succeed in your career.
· Benefit from studying with a Business School that has partners across the world enabling you to examine the cross culture perspectives essential to organisations in the global markets
· All PG courses are available to start in Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, Jun and Jul.
On this course you will undertake four 30 credit Units and one 60 credit project unit.
Our courses are designed engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable.
Your course takes place over three semesters.
· Induction Week
· Unit 1 (30 credits)
· Unit 2 (30 credits)
· Unit 3 (30 credits)
· Unit 4 (30 credits)
· Capstone or Law project (BLP) 60 credits
Our evidence-based approach is designed to enhance engagement and success by applied practice, working with other students creating the opportunity for network development.
· Tourism, Society and Culture
· Project Management Practice
· Events Tourism and Management
· Strategic Management
This Master's course provides the opportunity to undertake different types of project, a "Capstone" experience which completes the integration of your studies applied in one of the following:
· Professional Practice - you will be required to respond to a number of work-based scenarios through critical evaluation to determine an appropriate course of action.
· The Live Project - this will enable you to work as part of a team on a project provided by a business organisation.
· The dissertation - this is a conventional dissertation of 12,000 to 15,000 words, enabling you to undertake in-depth research of a topic relating to your course.
You will understand applied theory and develop critical thinking skills, which will help you to evaluate the relevance of what you have learnt. This will enable you to demonstrate rigorous expertise for a business or related organisation. There are two assessments per unit (4 units total), in a variety of forms e.g. reports, presentations and essays.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
· Conference Organising
· Exhibition Management
· Public Relations
· Hospitality Management
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Fees and funding
Fees are £6,800. You can apply for a loan from the Government to help pay for your tuition fees and living costs. Visit www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan.
See www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/fees/pg for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,000.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/fees-and-scholarships for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073