Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course offers an advanced level professional qualification for practising and aspiring teachers of English and has been designed for both native and non-native English speakers.
Students have the opportunity to carry out a major piece of individual research on a topic of special interest.
Why choose this course?
- Study a distinctive course with assessed teaching practice enabling you, with the relevant teaching experience, to gain British Council ‘TEFL Q’ (qualified) status and its associated career advantages.
- Explore practical issues relevant to your own professional working environment with an optional Professional Practice unit, which could involve opportunities to gain teaching experience abroad.
- Develop your understanding of how language systems can be taught, as well as theories of language teaching such as language acquisition and intercultural communication.
- Gain from access to the expertise of CRELLA, our world-renowned Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment; nationally and internationally recognised as a leading UK-based centre for research into language learning and assessment.
- Benefit from a course which gives you access to a range of careers in universities, colleges, and language schools in many countries; in ELT development and publishing; or further study at PhD level.
Information for international students
See Fees and Funding for International Students for full information.
Fees and funding
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0300 3300 073