You should have a good honours degree and experience of English language teaching/assessment/language education. IELTS 6.5 for non-native speakers of English.
Months of entry
About the course
This course is ideal for you if you wish to develop your career in language testing and assessment - whether or not you already have experience in this area - and is the only full-time, face-to-face course in the UK specialising in this area. The cutting-edge theory, combined with practical experience will give you the expertise you need, and you willl enjoy the opportunity to pursue your research interests in our world-leading research centre in language assessment
- Teaching staff includes testing specialists from CRELLA, the renowned Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment, a leading research group or experts in language testing.
Designed to enhance your career prospects and employability, this course opens opportunities at senior level in language testing organisations, universities and Ministries worldwide. Graduates may also have the opportunity to develop further research through doctoral study at CRELLA.
Areas of study may include:
- Statistics in Language Testing
- The Language System
- Testing Language Knowledge and Receptive Skills
- Second Language Materials Development
- Assessment and Accreditation
- Exploring Research: Concepts and Methods
- Principles and Practice in Language Assessment
- Testing Productive and Integrated Skills
- Issues in SLA
- Professional Practices
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details