Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. Honours degree in a medical, biomedical, pharmaceutical, biological, chemical science or a related science subject.
Months of entry
Biomedical Engineering is at the forefront of medical research, applying biotechnology and engineering to solve a wide range of medical problems. The overall aim is to create new products and medicines that advance our understanding of biology and improve healthcare.
When you join this course, you will start by learning about cell and molecular biology before focusing on genomic and systems’ data, cell visualisation and protein localisation in cells and tissues.
You will also study methods to create three-dimensional cultures and tissues.
- Study with tutors who possess wide ranging research experience in each subject area, and with specialists from external academic institutions, industry or government agencies
- Explore those areas of biological science that offer clear commercial applications in future healthcare developments, and learn how technology and engineering can be used to treat human disease
- Develop the ability to synthesise and use information from relevant sources, and independently and critically evaluate current research and advanced scholarship
- Gain the practical, hands-on knowledge and expertise that will equip you with the skills necessary for employment within emerging areas of the Biotech and Pharmaceutical industries
- Benefit from a wide choice of laboratory based research projects using state-of-the-art technologies and instruments, working under the supervision of dedicated research-active staff.
The University also has a programme of seminars and workshops designed to help you recognise and boost the attributes expected and appreciated by employers. This is supplemented by trips and visits.
The University also has a programme of internal and external internships that provide excellent opportunities to gain additional work experience.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology
- Medical Imaging and Cryobiology
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Laboratory Based Research Project (Biomedical Engineering)
Information for international students
Applications will be assessed using UKBA and University of Bedfordshire policy. Check English language requirements at: www.beds.ac.uk/english-language
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website: www.beds.ac.uk/pgfunding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1582 743 500