Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- School-based experience
- You must possess a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent in the subject for which you are applying to teach or a degree of which at least 50% is in that subject
- A levels in the subject and/or related subjects are desirable
- Applicants whose first language is not English and who do not have GCSE grade C in English need to have IELTS with an average score of at least 6.0
- All applicants should have recent and relevant experience of working with children in a mainstream UK school in the phase for which they are applying
- All entrants must have passed the professional skills tests prior to entry
Months of entry
Develop as a highly qualified, effective and confident teacher of history, studying with a specialist to gain the knowledge and skills to use a variety of different approaches to teaching your specialist subject; and achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Information for international students
Please visit our website for information.
Fees and funding
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See Fees and Funding for International Students for full information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073