Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- School-based experience
- You must possess a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent in the subject for which you are applying to teach or a degree of which at least 50% is in that subject
- A levels in the subject and/or related subjects are desirable
- Applicants whose first language is not English and who do not have GCSE grade C in English need to have IELTS with an average score of at least 6.0
- All applicants should have recent and relevant experience of working with children in a mainstream UK school in the phase for which they are applying
- All entrants must have passed the professional skills tests prior to entry
Months of entry
Develop as a highly qualified, effective and confident teacher of history, studying with a specialist to gain the knowledge and skills to use a variety of different approaches to teaching your specialist subject; and achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Information for international students
See Fees and Funding for International Students for full information.
Fees and funding
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0300 3300 073