Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. In addition, you should hold a relevant professional qualification and registration as a healthcare professional.
Months of entry
About the course
If you want to increase your knowledge and enhance your practice as a healthcare professional, this course is for you. With a strong, clinical focus, it will give you the opportunity to explore the issues surrounding the care of acutely physically ill patients, and study the latest research. The core unit is entitles Principles of Emergency, Acute and Critical Care, and deals with practice related issues including patient safety, quality of care and end-of-life.
Choose Advancing Practice in Emergency, Acute and Critical Care Contexts PgCert at Bedfordshire and:
- Study the ways in which political, economical, societal, cultural and technological advances effect the care of patients who present with emergency, acute and critical conditions
- Explore issues where legal and ethical principles are put to use, such as in decisions around end-of-life care and consent for organ donation, and grow into a critically reflective and compassionate practitioner
- Develop skills in selecting, appraising, analysing and synthesising data from a range of sources and for a range of purposes, skills that underpin the development of critical thinking, reasoning, decision-making and judgment
- Gain the ability to adopt a problem-orientation towards current healthcare practices, in order to extend current approaches to delivering care in complex professional contexts.
- Benefit from assessment activities (including simulation at our Healthcare Simulation Clinic) that rehearse the communication of information in a range of ways, purposes and audiences.
This course has been designed to enable you to extend your scope of practice and to develop your specialist knowledge in emergency, acute and critical care. The course aims to equip you to have a positive impact on the delivery of care as an individual and team member.
You will have access to an expert course team who are able to share `live examples from their own professional practice and/or research activity. You will have opportunities to rehearse and develop professional thinking and behaviours in group work, tailored assessment tasks and activities which require you to make explicit links between your learning on the course and your practice.
This course therefore allows you to develop your current practice and prepare for future roles, supporting your employability and career progression.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details