Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check Written test (literacy); Written test (numeracy); Health screening; a 2:2 honours degree in a life, health or social science-related subject; GCSE grades A*-C in Maths and English, or equivalent IELTS Grade 7 overall and 7 in each area where English is a second language; a minimum of 600 hours recent direct healthcare experience.
Applications may be considered from candidates with Bachelors degrees in other disciplines if they have significant direct health care experience. There may be the opportunity for candidates who have some, but not sufficient, practice experience to be offered further practice experience prior to the course start. This would be on the basis of paid employment as a health care assistant with one of our placement providers.
Submission of an extended CV which demonstrates your academic achievement and graduate transferable skills, your health care related achievement and your commitment to the profession of nursing, aligned to the course learning outcomes specified. All candidates will be required to attend a selection event. On arrival, documents including passport and education certificates will be checked. During the selection event your numeracy and literacy skills will be tested. If you pass the test you will undergo an interview and will be required to participate in a group discussion to determine if you posses personal attributes and values congruent with healthcare practice. Lecturing staff, practitioners from placement areas and service users will participate in the selection process.
Months of entry
About the course
The demand for nurses with a postgraduate qualification is growing. If you have undergraduate degree from a health, social care or health science related area and have the dedication and commitment to study and work full time, then course will enable you become a registered nurse in two years.
You will study both in an academic setting and work in clinical practice environments enabling you to complete the necessary knowledge and skills to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a nurse.
- Study using innovative teaching methods including our high-tech Simulation Centre.
- Gain significant practical experience on a course comprising 50% theoretical learning and 50% practical learning.
- Engage in a Service Improvement Project that will enable you to develop the skills to make a real change to the quality of service provision in practice.
- Develop the practical skills, knowledge, attitudes, skills and behaviours needed to nurse adults professionally and compassionately.
- Benefit from a course that will lead you to a challenging and rewarding career as a registered adult nurse in a range of healthcare environments, including community hospital and residential settings, and can provide a route to specialised clinical practice, management or education.
Areas of study
- Developing Adult Nursing Practice (NAD011-3) Compulsory
- Introducing Adult Nursing Practice (NAD010-3) Compulsory
- Preparing For Adult Nursing Registration (NAD012-3) Compulsory
- Clinical Assessment And Decision Making In Adult Nursing (NAD003-6) Compulsory
- Clinical Leadership (NUR012-6) Compulsory
- Dissertation For Adult Nursing Registration (NAD004-6) Compulsory
- Fundamentals Of Adult Nursing (NAD001-6) Compulsory
- Life, Health And Social Sciences For Nursing (NUR009-6) Compulsory
- Pharmacology And Medicines Management In Adult Nursing (NAD002-6) Compulsory
- Research Methods For Nursing (NUR011-6) Compulsory
- Values, Policy And Governance In Nursing And Healthcare (NUR010-6) Compulsory
During the course you will acquire a range of professional and transferrable skills which are intended to prepare you for working as an adult registered nurse. The course provides a student-focused process for integrating personal, academic and career development. You are encouraged to undertake self-assessment to identify your strengths, interests and development needs in relation to your learning needs. Through negotiation with your personal academic tutor you will be enabled to identify your areas of interest and the areas in which you feel you need to develop. Towards the end of your studies you will be actively supported and advised regarding employment application and potential career development.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 400 400