- English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Science GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Already working (or work found before course starts) minimum one day a week with young children (volunteer or in paid employment) within an Early Years setting
You will take part in a rigorous selection process designed to assess your suitability to become a leader of Early Years practice. In addition to this, prior to entry, you should
- Be a graduate with at least 300 credits
- Satisfy the university that they are suitable for teaching
- Pass professional skills tests in English and Mathematics.
Months of entry
You are passionate about working with babies and young children (birth-5 years) and supporting their learning and development. This employment route course prepares you to be an outstanding Early Years teacher.
The course prepares you to deepen your engagement with this valuable work and influence others to develop their practice.
You will be guided by experienced teachers and practitioners in the workplace. You will learn about appropriate pedagogies for the Early Years, study different theoretical perspectives and deepen your own subject knowledge for teaching children from birth to five years.
On completion of this course you are likely to become a leader of Early Years practice in your school or setting. You will have the ability to influence others in your own and wider contexts and thereby improve the quality of education and care for very young children.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries