UK applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
International applicants: a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) (English language requirements). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. See International contacts for details.
In order to benefit from the degree you will need to have an educational, experiential or professional base that involves working with others in a management capacity. In order to cope with the demands of the course you should have:
- An Honours degree in any discipline from a recognised higher education institution;
- Appropriate Management experience of at least 2 years (or equivalent);
- For international students English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required;
- Special entry options are available for those with no degree but with extensive management experience.
You may discuss with the Course Director before acceptance for the degree and he/she will explain more fully to you the implications and intended outcomes of the course and explore with you your ability to engage in the learning requirements of the qualification.
Months of entry
About the Course
The Executive MBA is our flagship part-time qualification aimed individuals with some management experience, with the potential for a successful career in strategic management and with the aspiration to achieve a leadership position.
The course adopts a practice-led curriculum and aims to develop an advanced knowledge of organisations and their effective management in the dynamic competitive global context, and the ability to apply this knowledge and understanding to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice
- Study a broad range of business subjects and enjoy the personal and professional development of your skills and knowledge, underpinned by the latest research in management, innovation and change.
- Explore the latest developments in key industry sectors, and work on the latest thinking relating to organisational progress and change in a competitive global context.
- Develop your ability to cooperate with colleagues and reflect on your knowledge, learning and practice through theoretical and practical interaction with your peers and tutors.
- Gain business competence, strengthen your confidence, credibility, and use our dedicated careers service to fast-track your potential to join an organisation in a variety of positions.
- Benefit from tutors who possess a range of practical experience in management and leadership who can help develop your entrepreneurial and creativity skills.
Areas of study
- Accounting For Leaders (SHR036-6) Compulsory
- Entrepreneurship And Small Business Management (MAR015-6) Compulsory
- Integrated Management Project (SHR043-6) Compulsory
- Leadership Project (SHR011-6) Compulsory
- Leading And Managing People (SHR012-6) Compulsory
- Marketing Management (SHR037-6) Compulsory
- Mobilising Creativity And Innovation (SHR044-6) Compulsory
- Operations And Project Management (SHR039-6) Compulsory
- Personal And Professional Development (SHR053-6) Compulsory
- Strategy (SHR019-6) Compulsory
- Thriving In A Competitive Global Context (MAR023-6) Compulsory
We anticipate that when you complete your degree you will possess the ability to become a positive change agent in any organisation and an obvious champion for the added value of a dynamic and innovative organisational culture. You will also have had extensive and continuous opportunity for reflective and critical evaluation of your capability as a team worker and leader. The course may also equip you to start your own business or expand the business you are in.
The course includes a professional and personal development strand that will be assessed. This will enable you to enhance your employability skills, reflect on the skills and knowledge you may need to accelerate your career and bring value to your current and future employment. This relates to a key theme in the Education Strategy that offers you the opportunity to participate in a curriculum that is focused on employability and that enables all students to maximise their opportunities.
During the course you will have extensive networking opportunities within the wider course team as well as the University. You can talk through career and further development opportunities with your tutor as well as your peers and wider circle. Whatever you decide to do you will have a toolkit of knowledge and capabilities developed from the course that will support and enable you
Fees and funding
Fees are: £10,500.
See Summary of information on UK/EU Fees for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,500.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See Fees & scholarships for international students for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073