A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject; English Language and Mathematics at GCE O level, GCSE grade C or above, or CSE grade 1 or the equivalent. All candidates have to provide a satisfactory medical form and enhanced CRB/police check, and provisionally register with the General Teaching Council of England (GTC). They are also required to adhere to a Code of Professional Conduct and Fitness to Practise.
Months of entry
- Subject-based teaching methods
- School-based work
- Whole-school issues
- History/History and Citizenship
- Mathematics this two-year Mathematics route is available for non-specialists
- Modern Foreign Languages: French/German/Spanish
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Science: Biology
- Science: Chemistry
- Science: Physics
- Physics with Mathematics
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days.
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Leads to QTS. Apply online through the Graduate Teacher training Registry website.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service
- 0121 414 5005