- An upper second-class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (the equivalent US Grade Point Average is 3.0) or
- A lower second-class Honours degree from an approved university with excellent work experience.
- Adequate capacity in written and spoken English. Find out more about international entry requirements.
- Degrees from all disciplines are considered and a candidate's work experience can also be taken into consideration.
Months of entry
Numerous environmental challenges threaten the progress of international development and poverty alleviation. Politics and power have a significant influence on these challenges, how they are understood and responded to. The MSc Environment, Development and Politics takes a novel approach to training in environment and development by recognising the importance of power and politics at all levels of decision-making, from the local to the global, with modules covering international development, global environmental governance and environment and sustainable development.
The International Development Department is well-regarded internationally by sponsors, donor agencies, governments and NGOs. Study with us to benefit from:
- Expertise in key issues and skills valued by employers
- A vibrant, welcoming community
- Individual overseas fieldwork or study visit included in fees (on-campus programmes)
- Flexible programmes and a wide choice of modules (part-time students also welcome)
- A diverse and international student body
- Strong support in study and English language skills
Each programme is taught by a team of multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely with students to address individual interests and concerns. Every student is allocated an academic tutor to support them in their academic progress throughout the year. The department has a long history of teaching students from across the world, and recent students have come from 99 different countries and a wide variety of professional and academic backgrounds.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Debra Beard