Enthusiasm and commitment are vital, while formal entry requirements include:
- usually a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in medicine, a life/ biological science or another relevant subject
- an interest in health research methods
- an interest in evidence-based healthcare
On a case by case situation, we also consider:
- other classes of degree and or relevant professional qualifications
- experience of working in health or a related field
Applications are also welcome from UK medical students who wish to intercalate and have completed at least three years of full-time study.
Months of entry
How do we know what we know about a disease and it’s treatment? Our most reliable knowledge derives from appropriate, timely, high-quality research.
This programme will equip you with the skills needed to understand the critical elements in planning, undertaking, and analysing research in health care. These are vital skills for anyone wanting to develop or enhance their career in health care and health-related research.
Our modules can be accessed in a variety of ways including as standalone modules (10 or 20 credits each) or through the 60 credit PG Certificate; 120 credit PG Diploma or the 180 credit Masters.
If you wish to study this programme to Postgraduate Diploma level then you will need to complete the taught elements of the programme but will not need to complete a dissertation, which is only available to those studying for the Masters.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiry Service