1. A good first degree in a health or social care related area (2:1 or above) PLUS two years full time equivalent post qualification relevant work experience. If this requirement is not met we may consider other degrees or higher education qualifications plus work experience in a related area, this will be at the discretion of the course director. .
Months of entry
CBT is an increasingly popular form of psychological therapy.
Many people who have learned about the methods find that it helps them a great deal in doing their job - if their job involves helping people in distress to experience less distress (eg. as in health care work), or perhaps helping people learn how to manage their life more effectively (eg. also health care - but also education, the prison service, etc). CBT is also recommended by NICE as a first line intervention for many psychological disorders.
This course is designed to enable students to practice CBT. The course is structured around teaching, skills practice, experiential learning, supervision support groups, and academic assignments. The academic assignments include essays, case reports, and recordings of live sessions with clients. Students will also be encouraged to discuss their own views on CBT as well as on mental health and psychological therapy in general. The core feature of the course is the facilitation of reflective practice.
- Structured Cognitive methods
- Reducing fear and anxiety using CBT methods
- Developing your use of CBT methods
- Using CBT methods in routine service delivery
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days. Register to attend at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/pgopendays
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year. For more information, please visit: www.pg.bham.ac.uk
Fees and funding
For more information, please visit the University's Postgraduate Funding Database.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiry Service
- 0121 414 5005