This course is aimed at students who will have obtained at least a good undergraduate degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in Psychology or related discipline and wish to extend their understanding of Psychology, to become better prepared for a quality employment situation, or to aim for a further degree.
Months of entry
As Psychology reaches out to tackle the big questions facing society today, skills and experience in psychological research are becoming more and more in demand. Our MSc in Psychology offers students an exciting course with the flexibility to develop specific interests, whilst at the same time an excellent opportunity to develop the technical and transferable skills needed to succeed in a wide range of research-related jobs.
The course uses a range of taught modules, a major research placement module and an independent research project leading to a dissertation.
Key features of the course are:
- One to one contact with research active staff
- An opportunity to specialize if you already know what area excites you most, or if you are still developing your focus, design your course to be broader, developing your knowledge in more than one sub-speciality
- Find out what’s really hot or not in contemporary Psychology
- Learn transferable skills that enhance employability
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days.
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year.
Information for international students
We accept a range of qualifications, our country pages show you what qualifications we accept from your country. English language requirements: Either by holding an English language qualification to the right level OR by taking and successfully completing one of our English courses for international students
Fees and funding
Please visit our website
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service
- 0121 414 5005