Please ensure that you visit our website for the full entry requirements. These include: Current registration with the relevant professional bodies appropriate to the location of the clinical placement component of the programme (to include professional indemnity); A BSc/BA honours degree or equivalent; Supporting evidence of appropriate continuing professional development.
Months of entry
This programme, aimed at allied health professionals and nurses, offers you the opportunity to advance your practice through selection of a profile of modules that meet your personal development needs and aspirations. Modules are designed to facilitate your capability to undertake a range of roles, for example, specialist, extended scope or consultant roles. There is also the opportunity to undertake clinical placements overseas.
This programme offers you the opportunity to advance your practice through selection of a profile of modules that meet your personal development needs and aspirations. Modules are designed to facilitate your capability to undertake a range of roles, for example, specialist, extended scope or consultant roles. They will also appeal to those involved in service development or role redesign.
The programme has a clinical focus and offers flexible learning for allied health professionals and nurses. We have developed the programme further by including the opportunity to undertake clinical placements overseas, enabling us to meet the needs of international students. Opportunities will be available for participants to evaluate their current practice and undertake learning experiences that advance their capability as a practitioner.
The Advancing Practice Masters programme offers you:
- The opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary student cohort
- The support of a personal tutor and dissertation supervisor
- The chance to tailor the programme to your own individual learning needs
- A research led environment with opportunities for diverse dissertation projects
- Flexible study which can be organised around your other commitments
On completion of the programme you will have:
- The ability to critically evaluate approaches and methodologies appropriate for researching theoretical and practical issues relating to clinical practice
- The ability to critically evaluate previous professional development and plan future development within the framework of contemporary healthcare practice
- Specialist clinical practice at an advanced level within a work based setting
- The ability to promote, lead and develop best practice within their field
- The ability to formulate a justifiable research design and conduct analytically an investigation to address a problem relevant to their clinical practice
- The ability to produce a written report worthy of scrutiny in both academic and clinical settings
Please go to our website for full module information.
For further information including full details of all modules, application deadlines and how to apply, as well as access to our online application form, please visit our website at the link below.
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days (Friday 13 November 2015 and Friday 4 March 2016). Register to attend at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/pgopendays
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year. For more information, please visit: www.pg.bham.ac.uk
Information for international students
If applying from overseas you should bear in mind that the process of obtaining a visa can be a long and complicated one. You will also need to meet our minimum English language requirements. See www.birmingham.ac.uk/international/students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service
- 0121 414 5005