At least a 2:1 or equivalent in a relevent science subject (Sport and Exercise Sciences, BMedSci, Biochemistry, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, Biology, Biological Sciences).
Months of entry
- to provide a strong foundation for research in exercise and sport science in health and disease
- to provide academic and practical knowledge and training for those seeking a career as an exercise or sports scientist in a clinical or community environment or involved in management or organisation of such services
- Exercise metabolism: The health effects of exercise in obesity and ageing
- Cardiovascular and respiratory physiology,
- Behavioural medicine: Psychological processes, immunology and cardiovascular function.
- Biomechanics, neurophysiology and psychology of motor control and exercise performance
- Motivations for, and effects of, physical activity participation
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days. Register to attend at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/pgopendays
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year. For more information, please visit: www.pg.bham.ac.uk
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiry Service
- 0121 414 5005