- A BSc/BA Honours degree or equivalent, normally first or upper second class Honours degree for physiotherapists / MBChB for doctors.
- Documented evidence post qualification experience of practice within a sporting context.
- Supporting evidence of appropriate Continuing Professional Development during this post qualification experience.
- Letter of support from employer.
Months of entry
This innovative programme with its football medicine focus is delivered through a partnership between The Football Association and the University of Birmingham.
The programme is aimed at physiotherapists and doctors and is ideal for those either working within football medicine or interested in moving into football medicine.
The learning and teaching for two specialist modules is delivered in the tranquil grounds of St George’s park, the Football Association’s flagship national facility. Anatomy teaching is delivered in the state-of-the-art prosectorium at University of Birmingham
This is a research-led programme delivered within a School with 90% of its research classified as world leading or internationally excellent, with experts from football medicine, sports medicine and musculoskeletal medicine.
The programme is part of a collaboration framework of MSc and MRes programmes between the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences and the College of Medical and Dental Sciences.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
MSc – Minimum 13 months, maximum 6 years; PGDip - Minimum 10 months, maximum 4 years (minimum dates are determined by necessity of timetabling specialist modules off-season).
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiry Service
- 0121 414 5005