- be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) for a minimum of two years
- be working in the UK
- have access to patients in General Practice
Months of entry
The new part-time, distance learning MSc and Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Pharmacy Practice (Primary Care) is designed for experienced pharmacists looking to develop new competencies at an advanced level.
You’ll develop the clinical and advanced therapeutic skills required to work effectively in a GP practice, enhancing your ability to deliver safe and effective patient-centred care in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams.
The programme covers subjects such as:
- pharmaceutical management of patients with complex clinical problems and co-morbidities
- the organisational culture associated with working as a pharmacist in a GP Practice
- quality and service improvement, and managing change
- advanced communication
- leadership and management
You can proceed to MSc level by completing an additional two modules in a third year, including a Quality and Service Improvement project.
A number of optional modules are delivered face-to-face with other health care professionals in the Faculty of Health Studies, allowing inter-professional learning to take place.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Admissions