- be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) for a minimum of two years
- be working in the UK
- have access to patients in General Practice.
Months of entry
The new part-time, distance learning MSc Advanced Pharmacy Practice (Primary Care) programme is designed for experienced pharmacists looking to develop new competencies at an advanced level.
It will enhance your ability to deliver safe and effective patient-centred care in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams.
The programme covers subjects such as:
- pharmaceutical management of patients with complex clinical problems and co-morbidities
- the organisational culture associated with working as a pharmacist in a GP Practice
- quality and service improvement, and managing change
- advanced communication
- leadership and management.
It enables you to:
- effectively work with health and social care providers across the primary care setting
- analyse, interpret and present medicines data to support decision making
- develop and monitor evidence based practice guidelines
- use consultation / communication skills to manage challenging situations
- make independent therapeutic decisions / recommendations.
Information for international students
This course is not suitable for international students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0) 1274 232323