- be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- be working in the UK
You should also have access to patients in General Practice. We will be able to help you with access to training positions in General Practice.
Months of entry
This new part-time distance learning programme is designed for newly qualified pharmacists. It is the first of its kind in the UK.
You’ll develop the clinical and advanced therapeutic skills required to work effectively in a GP practice, enhancing your ability to deliver safe and effective patient-centred care in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams.
The programme covers subjects such as:
- the foundations of primary care practice
- advanced communication
- managing complex patients with co-morbidities
- quality and service improvement
It enables you to:
- effectively work with health and social care providers across the primary care setting
- analyse, interpret and present medicines data to support decision making
- develop and monitor evidence based practice guidelines
- use consultation / communication skills to manage challenging situations
- make independent therapeutic decisions/recommendations
We are also able to offer you the opportunity to attend specialist clinical therapeutics study days alongside students on our secondary care MSc programme.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Gemma Quinn