The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2018. They should be used as a general guide.
We operate a flexible admissions policy – this means that you could receive a lower conditional offer than the typical offer, informed by our assessment of your complementary non-academic achievements and experiences. For courses that require interview or portfolio review, this may also be considered in the level of any conditional offer that follows if your application is successful.
Degree and/or experience
normally a good honours degree or equivalent is required. A degree in any subject will be considered. Work experience is useful but not essential.
A short interview, either in person or by phone/email, is required before being accepted onto the course.
Months of entry
Focusing on applying social marketing principles to the key health, environmental and civic issues in contemporary society, the Social Marketing PGCert will give you the skills and confidence to plan and manage social marketing campaigns.
This course will appeal to graduates who are looking for a career that contributes something positive or beneficial for society, or experienced professionals interested in accrediting existing social marketing skills.
The Social Marketing postgraduate certificate will develop your ability to:
- plan behavioural change programmes based on an understanding of what moves and motivates people
- apply social marketing theory and concepts to practical behavioural problems
- demonstrate a critical analysis of social marketing strategy, both in practice and policy making settings
- show competence in social marketing planning techniques and the application of behaviour theory to live projects
- apply commercial marketing and other management tools to behaviour change programmes.
This flexible course is designed to fit around your personal and professional commitments. You can choose to start in November (subject to numbers) or May.
Information for international students
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Brighton Business School
- +44 (0)1273 642197