Individual offers may vary.
For non-native speakers of English:
IELTS 6.5 overall and 6 in writing.
A short interview, either in person or by phone/email, is required before being accepted onto the course.
Degree and/or experience:
Normally a good honours degree or equivalent is required. A degree in any subject will be considered. Work experience is useful but not essential.
Months of entry
Focusing on applying social marketing principles to the key health, environmental and civic issues in contemporary society, the Social Marketing Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) will give you the skills and confidence to plan and manage social marketing campaigns.
This course will be of particular interest to professionals wishing to deepen their understanding of social marketing theory and practice, and apply their learning to work-based projects.
The Social Marketing Postgraduate Certificate will develop your ability to:
- plan behavioural change programmes based on an understanding of what moves and motivates people
- apply social marketing theory and concepts to practical behavioural problems
- demonstrate a critical analysis of social marketing strategy, both in practice and policy making settings
- show competence in social marketing planning techniques and the application of behaviour theory to live projects
- apply commercial marketing and other management tools to behaviour change programmes.
After completing a compulsory Social Marketing module, you have the opportunity to undertake a work-based project or pick other modules that reflect your particular interests.
Modules are taught in weekly blocks. This a method of delivery attracts students working full-time, as well as students living significant distances from Brighton.
Information for international students
International students whose language skills do not match the IELTS scores set out above should consider applying for this course through the Extended Masters programme at the University of Brighton's Language Institute.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Brighton Business School
- +44 (0)1273 642197