Applicants should normally have:
- A first degree or accredited prior learning (APL)
- A recognised social work qualification
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a social worker
- A minimum of 15 hours per week dedicated to professional social work practice
- The agreement of an employer to facilitate relevant experience and supervision
Months of entry
The Professional Social Work Practice PGCert supports the development of social workers in adult services who have recently qualified and registered, including those who are taking their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE).
It seeks to consolidate learning in line with the sixth level of the College of Social Work's Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF). At this stage, you are expected to develop a greater sense of confidence and independence, and to practise effectively in situations of increasing complexity, risk and uncertainty.
As a course of continuing professional development (CPD), the Professional Social Work Practice PGCert is not accredited by a Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB). However, you must still be registered as a social worker with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to be accepted on to the programme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team