Applicants should normally have:
- a first degree, or accredited prior learning (APL)
- a recognised social work qualification
- registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a social worker
- a minimum of 15 hours per week dedicated to professional social work practice in a leadership role
- the agreement of an employer to facilitate relevant experience and supervision.
Months of entry
The Advanced Social Work and Management MSc supports the development of experienced social workers who are in some form of leadership role.
It seeks to consolidate learning in line with the eighth level of the College of Social Work's Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF). At this stage, you are expected to be a specialist with some strategic influence.
There is only one module on the course – the dissertation – and this must relate to management issues for you to be eligible for the award. In all other respects, it is identical to the standard masters.
As a course of continuing professional development (CPD), the Advanced Social Work and Management MSc is not accredited by a Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB). However, you must still be registered as a social worker with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to be accepted on to the programme.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Lindsay Hill
- 01273 644718