Degree and/or experience
- Normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an overseas institution.
- Candidates with professional qualifications (eg nursing certificate) and/or directly relevant experience, and/or record of active involvement in civil society organisations will also be considered, although they will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at Level 7.
- English-speaking students from overseas are particularly welcome.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year and prospective candidates are usually interviewed by telephone or Skype.
- Early application is recommended, particularly for international students, as time needs to be allowed for the IELTS and visa requirements.
- Offers will be made depending on the following criteria: academic qualifications, professional experience, personal profile, and academic writing skills.
- Claims for the Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning will be considered up to a maximum of 30 level 7 credits.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 7.0 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements, or equivalent qualification. Students with lower scores can enter through our extended masters programme.
MSc, PGCert, PGDip
Months of entry
The Health Promotion and Management MSc critically explores the health issues and promotion needs of a diverse range of communities in the UK and globally.
The course will benefit you if you are already working in health-related management, or have some experience of this, and for those wishing to enter management of health promotion programmes. It gives you the opportunity to earn a postgraduate degree and improve your practice for personal or professional development.
The course has been designed to equip participants with skills to meet the internationally recognised core competencies in health promotion (Galway Consensus statement of 2011 http://www.iuhpe.org) and relevant components of the UK National Occupational Standards for the Practice of Public Health.
Masters graduates with appropriate work experience are entitled to apply for membership of the voluntary UK Public Health Register.
All of our courses are regularly reviewed to keep them up-to-date and relevant so that on graduation you will be fully equipped to work effectively in local, national and international contexts.
We are known for our flexible approaches to practice-based learning, with course durations and intensities that can be adapted to your individual needs and outside commitments.
A wide range of optional modules means you can create your own study programme to suit your professional or personal aspirations.
Our high quality teaching and research are renowned, and have an applied focus. We have established strong links with specialist practice educators to ensure the provision of support and guidance both within the university and in practice.
We have a dedicated team of academic staff who are actively engaged in internationalising the nursing and midwifery curriculum, and we offer all our students the chance to experience practice in another country.
Information for international students
We welcome applications from international students who meet the entry requirements.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01273 644644