MPhil: An upper second-class degree (or international equivalent). Please note, acceptance will also depend on evidence of your readiness to pursue a research degree. MPhil/PhD: A pass at Master's level (or international equivalent).
Months of entry
The Department of Russian has an outstanding record of research. We pride ourselves on our strong, active research culture, while the research interests of staff span a broad range of disciplinary emphases.
We can support postgraduate research in many areas within the following broad fields:
- Russian prose fiction from the 19th century to the present
- 19th- and 20th-century Russian poetry
- 19th- and early 20th-century Russian intellectual history
- 20th-century Russian drama and theatre
- Russian and Soviet cinema
- Soviet history
- Modern Russian cultural studies
- Czech and Slovak literature from the 19th century to the present
- Russian and comparative literature
- Russian Orthodox culture.
Our postgraduates are a key part of the research community and are integrated into regular staff-student research seminars, as well as the research activities of the School of Modern Languages and the faculty.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
The University of Bristol is part of the South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership (SWW DTP), which will be offering studentships for September 2017. For information on other funding opportunities, please see the Faculty of Arts funding pages.
Further information on funding for prospective UK, EU and international postgraduate students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0) 117 331 8443