MPhil - An upper second-class degree (or international equivalent).
MPhil/PhD - A master's qualification, or be working towards a master's qualification, or international equivalent. Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
Months of entry
The Department of Russian has an outstanding record of research. We pride ourselves on our strong, active research culture, while the research interests of staff span a broad range of disciplinary emphases.
We can support postgraduate research in many areas within the following broad fields:
- Russian prose fiction from the 19th century to the present
- 19th- and 20th-century Russian poetry
- 19th- and early 20th-century Russian intellectual history
- 20th-century Russian drama and theatre
- Russian and Soviet cinema
- Soviet history
- Modern Russian cultural studies
- Czech and Slovak literature from the 19th century to the present
- Russian and comparative literature
- Russian Orthodox culture.
Our postgraduates are a key part of the research community and are integrated into regular staff-student research seminars, as well as the research activities of the School of Modern Languages and the faculty.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0) 117 331 8443