Applicants must hold/achieve a minimum of a master’s degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
In exceptional circumstances, we may consider applicants without these qualifications.
Months of entry
Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) is an underpinning technology that encompasses a wide range of sensing, imaging and analysis techniques. The group is recognised as a world leader within NDE, having produced several important research outcomes which are now exploited by industry, both in the UK and around the world.
Since the late 1990s, the group has contributed to many areas within NDE, including ultrasonic guided waves, electromagnetics and imaging, and today has a wide range of projects continuing across a large number of fields. The group is a founder member of the RCNDE, the UK Research Centre in NDE, consisting of six UK universities and 16 industrial members, and through this helps to steer the UK research direction. In total it has published more than 200 papers in academic journals, and over 50 PhD students have graduated from the group.
Projects are available in:
- Energy – with industry links to E.ON, EDF, Wood, Rolls-Royce, Shell, BP and Petrobras.
- Aerospace – A large field of interest to the aerospace industry in the inspection of engine components with a variety of projects with Rolls-Royce and Airbus.
- Infrastructure – Emerging extensive interests in the inspection and health monitoring of infrastructure. Many industrial members of RCNDE, particularly in the oil and gas, power and nuclear sectors are increasingly interested in this field.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Graduate Administration Manager
- +44 (0) 117 394 0582