A good UK undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent) and appropriate professional experience, which may include voluntary work or internships, as well as paid employment.
Months of entry
MSc Education is offered in both Bristol and Hong Kong* as a partnership between the School of Education, University of Bristol, and the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), City University of Hong Kong. The programme is taught by tutors normally based in Bristol, who travel to Hong Kong to deliver units, usually every two months.
This long-standing part-time programme is designed primarily for education practitioners and administrators from diverse educational backgrounds and establishments: schools, colleges, higher education, tutoring and other community-based forms of education. However, anyone interested in education is welcome to apply.
The programme aims to develop reflective students able to apply global perspectives on examples of educational practice. More specifically, the programme aims to develop:
- specific theories, ideas and practices
- the relationships between perspectives from different disciplines in education, investigating education, including professional practice
- a range of research methods appropriate for their professional practice
- the importance of developing clear lines of argument, underpinned by critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation
- the skills and abilities required for successful engagement in focused, personally and where appropriate, professionally relevant independent learning through the production of a supervised dissertation
The normal period of study for this programme is two years. Students must complete the programme within three years of registration.
*The MSc Education programme is delivered in both Bristol and Hong Kong. However, once registered, students must take units in one location and cannot combine attendance between countries.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team