Applicants are normally expected to have a first or second class honours in a non-computing degree.
Months of entry
This programme of study is intended primarily for graduates from a non-computing background to obtain fundamental knowledge and understanding of a range of core subjects in IT and computing. Graduates who successfully complete the programme are eligible for entry into the MSc in Innovative Computing degree programme. The Certificate programme consists of 90 units of credit. Students take 6 taught courses over 6 months. The Certificate programme is more suitable for students with science, engineering or mathematics backgrounds. Computing graduates who have applied to study the MSc in Innovative Computing but lack sufficient knowledge in key areas (such as programming, databases and networking) may be required to take the Certificate programme before being admitted to the MSc programme. The overall aims are to:
- Equip graduates who want to develop their careers in their own areas of speciality with a solid understanding and awareness of IT and computing
- Convert those who want to change their careers into the IT and computing field.
On completing the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand fundamental concepts and principles of computing and information systems
- Develop simple software systems and database applications
- Describe computing technologies and their use in practice
- Exercise critical analysis and evaluation of information systems
The programme will also help you to develop skills in:
- A range of Microsoft application software tools
- Programming in industry standard languages (C++ and C#)
- Database development
- Software system analysis and design
- Individual work and teamwork
Information for international students
Buckingham is a truly global community with students of all ages and cultures: over 90 countries are represented. It is a place to establish lasting networks, both professionally and socially. Our alumni networks operate successfully all over the world and we encourage them to stay in touch with us.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Morgan Loberg
- +44 (0)1280 828204
- +44 (0)1280 828295