Applicants are normally expected to have a first or second class honours in a non-computing degree.
Months of entry
This programme of study is intended primarily for graduates from any non-computing background to obtain fundamental knowledge and understanding of a range of core subjects in Computing. The overall aim of education is to either equip the graduates who want to develop their careers in their own areas of speciality with additional understanding, awareness and skills of IT and Computing, or help those who want to change their careers into IT and Computing. The programme can also serve as a pre-requisite for advanced master programmes in Applied Computing at Buckingham.
Graduates who successfully complete the programmes are eligible for entry into the MSc in Innovative Computing degree programme.
The Graduate Diploma programme consists of 7 taught modules and an individual project. On completing the programmes, you will be able to understand:
- the role that computers and networked systems play in the modern world.
- the essential knowledge and skills in programming together with relevantstructures and concepts to create such systems.
- fundamental concepts and principles of databases, networking, object-oriented programming and human-computer interaction.
- advanced applications including data mining, multimedia, interactive computer graphics, and security systems.
- ethical, professional, social and legal issues in exploiting computing technology in practice.
The programme will also help you to develop skills in:
- Computing and web application
- Programming and problem-solving for large scale or mobile applications
- Database and software development
- Developing usable GUIs
- Computer graphics
- Computer network issues
Information for international students
Buckingham is a truly global community with students of all ages and cultures: over 90 countries are represented. It is a place to establish lasting networks, both professionally and socially. Our alumni networks operate successfully all over the world and we encourage them to stay in touch with us.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Rosie Johnson
- +44 (0)1280 828204
- +44 (0)1280 828295