- Undergraduate degree in Medicine, Dentistry or related health profession. Applicants must be able to access opportunities to teach/support learning.
Months of entry
This part-time, Master’s level programme is designed for healthcare professionals involved in medical education and training. There are growing expectations that those with educational roles and responsibilities should engage in professional development activity to enable them to model and uphold the highest standards.
- create welcoming, safe and purposeful learning environments
- design and deliver engaging and effective teaching, learning and assessment activities
- have purposeful, developmental conversations with learners that support their personal and professional career development
- have a sound grasp of key educational theories and concepts, drawing on these to develop and critique their own and others’ educational practice
- adopt a critically reflective and reflexive approach to medical education and training
- Medical Education: Principles and Practice
- Approaches to Clinical Teaching and Effective Supervision; or
- Learning in Clinical Teams: Simulation and Work-based Learni
Information for international students
If English is not your native or first language, you must evidence your ability to write Masters-Level academic assignments, regardless of your country of residence. This can be done by providing an IELTS certificate (Overall 7.0, with minimum 7 in reading and writing). Even if you are working clinically in the UK, you must ensure that your personal statement demonstrates your ability to produce a cogent, accurately-written explanation of your reasons for applying. This means cutting out all general comments regarding clinical qualifications and work, and focussing on your teaching and learning experience, involvement and responsibilities, or your goals in this respect.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details