Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK 2:1 Honours Degree.
Months of entry
This route provides a broad-based view of educational leadership and school improvement, both through the explicit and focused study of specific concepts and issues, and through their application in the conduct of individual research projects. The teaching team draw on their research to illustrate ideas, and occasionally welcome visiting academics to enrich the route still further. Students are encouraged to share their experiences and perceptions, and to learn from each other while relating knowledge, principles and insights to their own contexts. Participants come with varied backgrounds, from the UK and overseas, and as such the course has an international perspective.
The overall aims of this specialist route are to enable participants to develop:
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of educational leadership and school improvement
- A set of skills for analysing educational leadership and school improvement issues and practices
- The ability to bring together theoretical perspectives on educational leadership and school improvement and apply an informed critique of their inter-relationship
- The ability to contribute to informed development of policy and practice in educational contexts
- Familiarity with a range of frameworks for understanding pupil, professional and organisational learning
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details