Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK First class Honours Degree or its international equivalent. Applications are considered in stages as part of a gathered field and the earliest decisions on the applications can be expected in January 2016, with the majority of decisions finalised in May 2016 after all received applications have been considered by the admissions committee of the MPhil in Management programme. The application deadline for October 2016 entry is 15 February 2016.
Months of entry
Intensive advanced study introduces students of this interdisciplinary programme to core concepts, techniques and debates in management. You take a total of eleven core courses and electives. The programme is aimed at students who have just finished their degree (in any discipline except business and management related majors), who have achieved the equivalent of a 1st Class, and who have less than one year of professional experience at the start of the programme.
- to give students with a strong performance in other disciplines at first-degree level an understanding of the academic discipline of management; and
- to give students the opportunity to acquire and develop skills and expertise relevant to high level management practice.
This is achieved by:
- providing students with the guidance necessary to acquire a deep understanding of the theory and practice of management;
- analysing, in lectures, discussions and written work, the key techniques, conceptual issues and debates in the academic management literatures and in the practice of management;
- supporting students in the development of an understanding and a critical perspective of management;
- providing teaching in a range of technical/specialist subjects central to the study of the different branches of management;
- examining students formally on their knowledge of the theory and practice of management.
Fees and funding
Fee Home: GBP24309, EU: GBP24309, Overseas: GBP24309
Qualification and course duration
Assessment on the course consists of a combination of university examinations, case and project presentations and coursework.
Course contact details
- +44 1223 337733