Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should hold at least 2:2 degree in related subject.
Months of entry
This programme is all about critically engaging with your professional practice. It’s ideal for anyone working in Higher Education, Further Education and the Skills Sector, and broader educational settings.
Our aim is to support your professional development as a reflective researcher, within a collaborative research community.
You can opt to study our PGDip Professional Practice in Education as your end goal, or as the first stage of a full MEd qualification.
Why study with us
- We’ll build on your research confidence and enable progression to further research activity.
- Learn from experienced staff with research or practice in Further or Higher Education, in the areas of teaching and learning, professional development or education.
- Our programme has exceptionally high retention and completion figures, with most students progressing to the MEd.
- Our course is delivered over either one or two years, part-time, so it fits around your employment or lifestyle.
- Core modules include one research module and a choice of two others in each academic year.
- Your choice of modules are drawn from those on curriculum design, innovation in teaching and learning, professional development, professional writing and communication.
Learning and assessment
Our assessment methods are mixed and include: written assignments, presentation, academic poster, professional writing, dialogue, critical review and working with curriculum documents.
You can choose to progress to the full Master of Education (MEd), which is taught by the same members of staff as this programme.
We welcome staff from secondary, primary and other educational settings seeking to develop their practice as professionals and as practitioner researchers.
Our programme supports the development of professional learning communities within Higher, Further and Lifelong Learning contexts. You’ll develop a critical understanding of the impact of strategy, policy and quality procedures on your practice at institutional and sector level.
We’re here to support reflective and reflexive activity. We help you to develop deep subject or pedagogic knowledge through research activity.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400