For entry on to the DMS, one of the following is required: A recognised UK first degree or its equivalent A BTEC, HND or HNC NVQ level 4 An equivalent professional qualification Business, managerial, professional or technical experience deemed to be appropriate for this programme of study
Months of entry
This demanding two year programme offers you a range of key benefits, each of which will contribute to your development into an effective professional or manager working in a business management context:
- Apply the latest thinking on business management to the analysis of the key problems being experienced by the world's major businesses
- Possess a thorough understanding of management, marketing, accounting and finance, human resource management, strategic management, management environment, change management and business and management ethics
- Develop the research skills necessary to tackle management problems, issues and learning
- Undertake your own postgraduate study of a topic within the field of business management that has interest and relevance to your development.
A distinctive feature of the programme is that you will participate in the two day Year 1 residential programme at the start of your time with us. Located in a nearby hotel, the programme will aid your induction into the DMS and will kick start the essential bonding between you and your fellow students. Developing an open and supportive culture is vital to the success of the DMS and will really ensure you get the most from the experience.
During Years 1 and 2 you will be able to gain a thorough grounding in the key aspects of Business Management.
In Year 1 you will learn about:
- Management Theory and Practice
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Principles and Concepts
- Accounting and Finance
- Management Environment
- Postgraduate Study and Learning
In year 2 you will learn about:
■Business and Management Ethics or Business and Management Research Methods
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 01772 892400