- Be registered in the same part or sub-part of the NMC register as the students they support.
- Have completed at least 3 years post-registation experience.
- Have extended their professional knowledge, relevant to their field of practice, to at least first degree level.
- Be working as a lecturer in a higher education setting or demonstrate relevant and and appropriate role responsibilities in practice.
- Have the support of their line manager in order to achieve 360 hours of logged teaching activity.
Months of entry
The aims of this course are to prepare and develop practitioners who will facilitate, supervise and assess students and critically appraise and evaluate practice teaching from operational and strategic perspectives. The course is designed to encompass key themes including establishing effective working relationships, creating and maintaining a learning environment, facilitating learning and assessment and evaluating learning by utilising evidence-based practice and leadership strategies within the context of contemporary practice. Teaching and learning strategies reflect a range of approaches e.g. key lectures, group discussion, seminars, reflection and analysis. Action learning sets will be used to allow students to actively engage in problem solving activities.
The course covers the following subject areas:
- A critical review of (and opportunity to engage with) contemporary education practices in health and social care.
- Current and future developments in regulation of health and social care education.
- Approaches to curriculum design and delivery.
- Theories and models concerning the nature and processes of teaching, learning, assessment and student support.
- Principles of evidence-based practice and research into learning and teaching issues, including evaluation.
- Quality assurance and enhancement of programmes supporting learning of health and social care professionals.
Information for international students
See our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Management
- +44 (0) 1772 892400