- A recognised Honours degree in a health related subject or equivalent qualification from a recognised overseas Higher Education Institution. This must have been achieved within the last 10 years, with a minimum lower second classification or above.
- UK applicants must be a qualified midwife, registered with the NMC in the UK. There must also be no restrictions on their professional practice.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful academic study at a minimum of Level 6 or equivalent and is normally within the last 3 years.
- Be able to provide two satisfactory references (one must be academic and a further personal reference from your employing organisation or equivalent.
- Overseas applicants must demonstrate evidence of their qualification /registration as a midwife and hold a current midwifery licence to practice in their own country.
- You must demonstrate written English language ability.
Months of entry
January, May, September
This master's course provides professionals with a forum to encourage the synthesis of experience, knowledge and new learning and to debate contemporary issues. This is within a collaborative, multi-professional community, taught and online. The course encourages critical thinking and forward planning in all areas of health care, in the UK and internationally. You will have the opportunity to focus on a number of key areas: Expert Practice; Professionalism; Leadership & Management; Education and Practice; Service Development and Change, including legal, ethical, cultural and societal issues.
All professionals are now expected to undertake skills that were not part of their initial education to meet the needs of a more flexible approach to health care provision. New roles are being developed and the minimal level for academic, management, research and consultant posts requires that all professionals have continued their academic education to master's level.
Information for international students
For overseas students you must demonstrate evidence of International English Language Testing (IELTS). A minimum of 7.0 in all elements of the test must be achieved within the last 2 years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1772 892400