Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Be registered with an appropriate regulatory body and have a licence to be a dental therapist
- Be registered with a defence union - possessing indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level.
- Be in professional practice or a hospital appointment while attending the course
- Hold a current certificate of immunisation against communicable disease (Hepatitis B)
- Have sufficient competency in English language (IELTS Level 7 or equivalent). Competency may be demonstrated by qualification, accreditation of prior learning or separate University assessment
DBS: all potential students must undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to admittance to the programme.
Applicants must provide evidence of their IELTS Level 7 certificate (or equivalent), GDC Certificate and Indemnity Insurance by either uploading a copy upon on-line application or providing a copy with their completed paper application. All suitable applicants will be interviewed. Interview procedures and decisions regarding applications will be conducted within the University’s policies on equal opportunities and admissions.
Months of entry
This course has evolved from the three year programme that it replaces and has been re-designed in response to student feedback. Now run over two years and with much of the academic delivery online, the course will also provide the busy dental therapist with a part time educational route to enhance their skills and knowledge. This programme focuses on contemporary practice, teaching evidence-based principles and systems to ensure an optimal outcome for the patient and practitioner.
This programme is delivered by experienced clinicians and educators. Successful completion of this two year programme leads to the award of an MSc Advanced Restorative and Periodontal Practice from the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), a UK University well known as a provider of high quality clinical training and education.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400