Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Qualified dental professionals.
- Applicants should hold a current degree-level qualification or show evidence of the ability to benefit from study at Level 7.
- Be in current employment in a relevant healthcare setting.
- Have access to learners in their discipline or associated disciplines eg a student who is a dentist may support the learning of other dental care professionals such as dental nurses or dental hygienists.
Months of entry
Course contentAbout the course
Gain skills on our Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice to support the professional development of your students and dental team members so patients get the best care and treatment.
This is a part-time course, offered at two campuses and taking place over approximately five months; including five days of teaching and a half-day induction.
You’ll be part of a wider learning community supporting you to become an effective facilitator of others learning, within and outside the workplace.
Course content is underpinned by a broad, social model of health, with an emphasis on multi-professional and inter-organisational collaboration and patient involvement.
WHY STUDY WITH US
- The North Western Postgraduate Dental Deanery helped develop this course which means you’ll meet the requirements of a Foundation Year Educational Supervisor and achieve verifiable CPD to GDC standards.
- The course is mapped into COPDEND Standards for Dental Educators (2013).
- The certificate level course is also open to other members of the dental team who are able to study at Level 7.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The aim of this course is to enable you, as a healthcare practitioner, to critically analyse what’s needed for the effective facilitation of learning within and outside the workplace.
- You’ll be encouraged to selectively, and appropriately, apply principles of best practice to teaching, supporting learning, assessing and giving feedback to others.
- As the course is accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators you can apply for full membership of the Academy, without going through the individual assessment process, upon successful completion.
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT AND ASSESSMENT
Course is taught in a well-equipped modern classroom.
Assessment is through completion of a work-based learning portfolio including an educational audit and an annotated bibliography.
The aim of the module is to enable health care practitioners to critically analyse the requirements for effective facilitation of learning within and outside the workplace and selectively and appropriately apply principles of best practice to teaching, supporting learning, assessing and giving feedback to others.
Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice is for general dental practitioners who want to go on to be educational supervisors of foundation year dentists.
It is also for general practitioners, in an educational role, and other healthcare professionals who would like to develop their career in supporting the learning of others.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time5 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400