A Bachelors degree with Honours at lower second class or above. Equivalent learning from other study or experience will also serve to meet this requirement.
- Be a registered Healthcare Professional (e.g. doctor, dentist, nurse)
- Be registered with a defence union
- Hold a current certificate of immunisation against communicable disease (Hepatitis B)
- All suitable applicants will be interviewed. Interview procedures and decisions regarding applications will be conducted within the University's policies on equal opportunities and admissions.
Months of entry
Over recent years, the provision of non-surgical facial aesthetics has emerged as a key growth area within care delivery in the United Kingdom. An increasing number of healthcare professionals now offer treatments designed to refresh facial appearance by immobilising facial muscles or providing subcutaneous fillers.
For the first time healthcare practitioners have the opportunity to study this emerging clinical subject within a recognised and University validated academic structure. Our MSc/PgDip Facial Aesthetics programme provides the busy healthcare professional (doctor, dentist, nurse, etc.) with a part-time educational route to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge, focussing on contemporary practice, and teaching evidence-based principles and systems to ensure an optimal outcome for the patient and practitioner.
Course Topics (Clinical):
- Ageing processes
- Patient assessment
- Treatment planning
- Communication technologies
- Consent and medico legal issues
- Cross infection control
- Medical Emergencies
- Record Keeping
- Clinical Photography
- Toxins and fillers
- Advanced techniques
- Clinical training in NSFA (Supervised)
- Pathology and Pharmacology
- Managements of the medically compromised patient
- New developments including peels; lasers; mesotherapy; complete facial aesthetics; recognising the role of surgical facial aesthetics
Information for international students
English language requirements: Evidence of their IELTS 7.0 score or equivalent. See also www.uclan.ac.uk/international.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892 400